Why is bull kelp necessary?

Why is bull kelp necessary?

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fun and learning through Help the Kelp makes life fuller

When I joined 'Help The Kelp' I didn't expect such a bounty of experiences
that would feed my own soul. Abundance in so many forms.
Seeing new wonders of rock formations, and sea life from ocean level.
Learning, learning, learning, whether it is boating skills,
different types of marine ecology, or new technology skills.
Meeting new people, making new friends and doing citizen science.
Engaging with the natural world at an intimate level.
I am left blissed out and grateful.

So today I post fun stuff, as yesterdays kelp mapping was filled with it.

Gabriola's South-West cliffs left us filled with awe and wonder.


FIND THE HEART!

CAN YOU SEE THE WINGS?


CORMORANTS HAVE HOMES IN THESE CLIFFS
























We also had the most amazing experience, a baby seal (approx. 2 ft long) came and engaged with us. Coming right up to the boat. Michael and I were tickled pink.


Wonderful kelp beds were found in Descanso Bay



And I had my first lesson ..... yee haa!


AWESOME, AWESOME DAY!

No comments: